Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oceanside - Charles Evan Williams Update

Back in August of 2009 I had the sincere pleasure of meeting and photographing Charles Evan Williams, a local Oceanside resident that was brutally murdered. Click this link to North County Times for a complete update on this tragic event.
For months I saw Charles cruise around town in his unique green Impala and I really wanted to ask him to do a photo shoot with it. Finally, one random day in August I pulled over at his shop and asked him if I could take some photos of him with his car. He happily accepted and was really excited to do the photo shoot. Went home and quickly grabbed my equipment and headed back to get some photos before sundown. Snapped a few casual images of Charles and two of his relatives that showed up to be in some of the photos. Ended up with a handful of awesome photos and I knew he would dig them. Met up with Charles and his fiance a few days later to show him the images and he was absolutely blown away by the results. We had a really good conversation about working together and photographing some of his other vehicles.
Walked away from this meeting really looking forward to working with him. He was definitely a guy you could tell was going somewhere in life and he had the positive attitude to go along with it. Let Charles know I needed to make a few changes to the images and I would be back in a couple days to deliver him a CD with the final images. Before I could meet up with him again his life was abruptly taken away for no apparent reason. To this day, I still have not delivered the final images which haunts me for some reason. For the past few years I have followed this case closely, really feeling for his family and what they have gone through.
I've made recent attempts and will keep trying to contact his family members to deliver these priceless images. These photos are probably the last photos taken of Charles Evan Williams.


3 comments:

  1. Hey man I don't know if you check this often or not, but I was really good friends with him. I could probably help you deliver the images, we have a bunch of these too. You're right, Charles was a great person, I knew him for 9 years and we were really good friends the whole time, he had a lot of great qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P. to my brother chuck.....
    Very wise young man taken from us to soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.I.P. to my brother chuck.....
    Very wise young man taken from us to soon

    ReplyDelete