Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sewing Lesson with Grandma Barros

Had a great lunch and got a first time sewing lesson from Grandma Barros (my wife Michele's grandmother) today up in Murrieta, CA. With the help from Grandma we were able to knock out this hand bag today which you see below. Must say I am beyond impressed with the outcome for a first time. This whole idea stemmed from Michele having similar hand bags and always being asked where and how she got the hand bag. After the 40 to 50th time of people asking, we thought we might try one. Today was the first day we took a step forward and gave it a whirl. For never been on a sewing machine in my entire life, I think Grandma and I did a pretty good job. The next hand bag we are going to make is black & white and Michele is going to do that one on her own. Grandma is going to show us the ropes before we get the confidence in doing it all ourselves.
All in all I had really good time spending some quality time with Grandma Barros and learning something new. I really appreciated the time we spent today and it is times like these you look back on and hold in high regard.

Love you Grandma, you're truly awesome!



Grandma sporting a pose with the new bag.









1 comment: