Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Natalie & Dare's Wedding - Santa Barbara 7.10.2010

Michele and I headed up to Santa Barbara this past weekend for Michele's good friend Natalie's wedding. I had some time to kill during the day so I cruised around town and got some photos of Santa Barbara.
The Santa Barbara Mission was my first stop and you need a lot of patience to get the shot you want here. Took a while to get the shot I wanted without people being in the photo. In this 1st image the only person that wasn't moving anytime soon was this lady with her baby, bottom left corner. There was close to one hundred people in front of the Mission so I was impressed I got the shots I did get without people in the shot.
It was actually really nice to attend a wedding and not be the official photographer and just enjoy myself. Of course I can't entirely enjoy myself without the camera, so..., I had to get a few images. Michele wanted me to leave the camera in the car, that wasn't going to happen...
Brought along a medium format camera I got a little over a year ago and I've never put it to use. Thought this trip would be a good place to try it out. Shot a few rolls of b&w & color and dropped them off yesterday to get processed. As soon as I get the finished product back I will post one or two images up on the blog.
Natalie & Dare got married at the Granada Theater on State Street in Santa Barbara which was just awesome. This place has to be one of the most unique places to get married. Drove by earlier in the day to get a picture of the Theater with their names on the marquee. Again, patience is key, waiting for no cars or people to be in the shot on a Saturday at 12 noon.
Extra special thanks and congratulations to Natalie & Dare for this past weekend. You both are amazing people and I wish you the best in your future to come.


The official literature calls Mission Santa Barbara "Queen of the Missions for its graceful beauty." Founded on December 4th, 1786, it was the tenth of 21 Franciscan missions in California.




The Granada Theater is Santa Barbara's oldest standing movie palace, opening on April 9, 1924, and is the tallest building in the city.

Chocolate cigarettes for everyone!

Father & daughter dance.

Natalie & Dare's first dance.


Natalie gracefully doing her amazing dance.




Snapped a quick picture of the Granada Theater during the reception with no one in the entire place. I wanted to grab the bride & groom and place them in the center of the image, but, I wasn't working remember...
One of my more favorite images of the trip.


Michele and I enjoying ourselves with our chocolate cigarettes & cocktails.

Michele signing the official paperwork.


Michele & Evan (Natalie's father) after the wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment