Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Marlboro Marine - by Luis Sinco

This video and link was sent to me months ago by my Dad and I thought I would share. I've watched this video numerous times and I am truly moved and inspired every time I watch it. Luis Sinco, is a photo photojournalists for the Los Angeles Times and is also a genuine human being who cares.

To those who serve in the armed forces, what is the aftereffect of war? The Marlboro Marine is photographer Luis Sinco's portrait of Marine Corporal James Blake Miller, whom he met in Iraq. For Miller, coming home has been its own bitter battle. See the project here.


This video is provided by MediaStorm which is a multimedia production studio. Check out their site for plenty of other cinematic narratives and more information. There are a handful of other videos that are very well done, but, The Marlboro Marine stands out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment