Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Martin Katz & Promises 2 Kids

Got a phone call from fellow photographer John Hildebrand the other day looking for a last minute favor. He has a client based out of La Jolla that has consistently sent business our way and she was in need of a photographer. She was hosting an event at the Martin Katz Jewelry gallery in Rancho Sante Fe, CA and the original photographer bailed out at the last minute. I received a phone call roughly 2 hours before the event to see if I was able to squeeze this into my schedule. It was really my schedule that was the major problem for the event. It was that I just got back from my Mexico trip the day before and I lucked out and got food poisoning and a nice head cold. So, still dealing with that..., I took a quick shower, packed up and headed south.
Once I arrived and got into the groove of things and I actually felt a whole lot better.
The event was held at the Martin Katz Jewelry store on La Granada Street in the beautiful Rancho Sante Fe. Next door was champagne & hors d' oeuvres for all the guests to enjoy after viewing all the jewelry. The night was a benefit with proceeds going to Promises 2 Kids which was originally founded as the Child Abuse Prevention Foundation.
At the end of the night it looked as though there was quite a turnout and a lot of donations made.
Below are just a few of the images from the event.









No comments:

Post a Comment